News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Converting Tape cassettes

Started by pipaluk, November 15, 2014, 04:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipaluk

I am a new user (1 week in) and don't know much - anything, really, about converting sound files.  My conversion of old vinyl LPs has gone well but I'm having a lot of difficulty converting some Garrison Keillor speech cassettes.  At first, I couldn't get any sound out of the system at all, then lots of buzzing, which I've nearly irradicated, but the end result is VERY quiet....you really have to strain to hear anything. 

We used to enjoy these cassettes in the car but our current one has no tape-deck and, though we CAN hear the current output, it's too quiet.  Any ideas or suggestions, bearing in mind I'm very non-technical, would be very welcome.

Hope you can help.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

What sort of tape deck / player is it, and how is it cabled to your computer please?  It is unusual for the level to be that low.

pipaluk

Hi, Thanks for the reply: well, it's a lead from the earphone socket on a Sony radio/cassette, going into input socket on the back of my iMac.  A friend has suggested that I should increase the volume on the Sony - would that help, or would it make no difference/

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Absolutely!  Turn it up until you get the level you want.

pipaluk

Thanks.  I'm very impressed, working on a Saturday evening!