News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter

Started by bkaplan, November 23, 2013, 01:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skolis

Hi:
Thanks for the input.  Here's a update:  PSAudio says no technical difference in processing that would affect SQ, Paul McGowan
just thinks 96/24 sounds better on his system.  ( I can send a link from PS Audio or cut/paste here if anyone cares).
After a week + of comparison of both on a couple different systems with both jazz and classical - for me "it's a push".  Since 96/24 uses less disc space, I've decided to go with that.

On to the next question:  with and without rumble filter.   Is there any sonic or sq difference between the two?
It may be  my system, or my ears, but I'm not really hearing a difference.  At least for my collection ( which is in mint shape) thx.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You probably can't hear the effect of the rumble filter - it's designed to filter out subsonic vibrations picked up from the turntable or record groove that might damage your speakers at high volume settings.  The rumble filter in VinylStudio also has the useful side-effect of removing any DC offset and we generally recommend turning it on for vinyl recordings.