News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Suggestion: Collections Management

Started by waltsyd, January 13, 2013, 08:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltsyd

I want to move some albums from one collection to another. I don't see an easy way to do that.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You'll find what you need in the Save Tracks window, under the 'More' button.  To move albums from collection A to collection B, proceed as follows:

1.  Open collection A.

2.  Go to the 'Save Tracks' window.

3.  Select the albums in the list that you want to move (or click Select All).

4.  Under the More button, select 'Move or Copy Selected Albums to Another Collection'.

5.  Navigate to collection B and select your desired options.

6.  Confirm that you want to proceed.

VinylStudio will then take care of the rest.

waltsyd

"Tracks and other batch operations".  It's to do with the fact that that window displays a list of albums with a checkbox for each, and is the launching point for any operation where you can operate on a selection of albums (or indeed all of them).

Rob-C

Hi Paul,

This is a great feature. I think also a very useful for recrding on one PC and editing / saving tracks on another.

Would it be possible to add additional sort options, with the appropiate extra information displayed? It would be useful to sort on recorded date and maybe also on the creation order (sequence number or date created). This is because as I make tweaks to my setup, I want to easily identify what I might want to re-record. I am working on digitising my collection of over 2,500 albums, singles and 78s. First I bought a vacuum record cleaner (huge difference), so started re-recording; then I replaced my stylus alignment tool, found the overhang was out, huge improvement - record favourites again. At the moment I am recording 48/16, but dreaming of an ADL and better deck ..... I guess you get the point. It's fun to tweak and compare the differences in sound.

I hope this makes sense and maybe can find it's way into a future update.

Thanks, Rob
Rotel RP-830, Orto 2M Blue & 78 Stylus, Pro-Ject Phono Box USB V (with gain knob), Mac Mini, VS 8.5.3, AIFF at 48/16
Denon AVR-4520, Mission e83 elegante, FLAC / ALAC
Wishlist: Pro-Ject 33/45/78 turntable, ADL Esprit & some nice valve stuff!!!
Loricraft PCM4 RCM and 2,500+ records (The Challenge)

Yes, it makes sense.  I will put it on the list.

Rob-C

Rotel RP-830, Orto 2M Blue & 78 Stylus, Pro-Ject Phono Box USB V (with gain knob), Mac Mini, VS 8.5.3, AIFF at 48/16
Denon AVR-4520, Mission e83 elegante, FLAC / ALAC
Wishlist: Pro-Ject 33/45/78 turntable, ADL Esprit & some nice valve stuff!!!
Loricraft PCM4 RCM and 2,500+ records (The Challenge)