News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Importing an archived album and the crd file

Started by GaryG, October 24, 2013, 10:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryG

Hi,
I've copied the wav raw file for an album and the album's .crd file to an external drive.  After the copy I used Remove Recordings from the Album menu to delete the files from my hard drive.  To test for the possibility of working on the album again, I imported the album.  The import only copied the wav raw file back to the recordings folder.  I used Explorer to copy the .crd file from the external drive to the recordings folder.  The waveform shows the click repair info, which is good.  Should I use Explorer to copy the .crd file to the recordings folder or did I miss something in the process?

I also noticed that the track breaks and track name information was missing.  I thought if I used Remove Recordings it would only delete the files from the recordings folder, but retain the album information in the collection.  Does Remove Recording also delete the album information from the collection?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, copying the .crd file to the recordings folder is the right thing to do.

VinylStudio should not lose the track information when you delete or remove recordings.  Could you try again please?  Maybe you deleted the entire album by mistake.

GaryG

Paul,
You are correct.  When reviewing the archive help information, there was the step to "Delete Recordings" in the album menu.  Therefore in my test I focused on the word "Delete" and did a Delete Album instead of Remove Recording.  After I imported the album I decided to retest and at that time found the Remove Recording option.  Because I didn't split and name the tracks for the imported album the information was not rebuilt in the collection file, so the track break and track name information didn't exist for my retries.  I will recreate the track breaks and track names and retest.

Gary

GaryG

Paul,
Everything worked fine after I recreated the track breaks and used Remove Recordings.  My only suggestion would be to have the Help documentation match the Album menu drop down options.  Archive Help should state Remove Recordings instead of Delete Recordings.  Maybe I'm being too picky.  Thanks for your help and a great product.

Gary