News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Asio

Started by ogs, July 18, 2011, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Thanks once again.  The labelling of the ASIO inputs and outputs are read directly from the driver so that's all we have to display.

I'll look into the hanging issue.  I suspect it is because no signal is coming from the device, even after it has been plugged back in.  VinylStudio expects a regular 'heartbeat' callback from the device and will currently hang if it doesn't get it.

ogs

I have just recorded an album at 24/96 playing at 33.3 with no problem.
I did, however, get a real BSOD crash requiring a reset, then a complete freeze of my laptop when I used the speed conversion function playing the LP at 45. This is XP Pro sp3 with all updates. Antivirus (!avast) is disabled when recording.

Hmmm.  I'm not sure what VinylStudio could have done to cause this.  Have you / do you use ASIO from other applications?

ogs

The only other ASIO enabled recording software I have tried is Wavosaur. No problem there. For playback Foobar2k and J River. Also without problems. I will do some more tests an see if I can find anything.

OK, thanks.  Perhaps you could also run the following test program, copy the results to the clipboard and email them to me:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/private/asio_test.exe

You can email me at:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

ogs

Got it, thanks.  I can't see any obvious reason for the crashes.  If / when you can find time for further testing that would be good.  I will also do some further testing here.

To anyone monitoring this thread, there is a new version available:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VSInstall_V8_20B2.exe

This fixes the 'hanging' issue when a USB device is disconnected and addresses one or two other bugs.  It is also a full release build and so runs at full speed.