News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Setting the Disc playing speed

Started by haeggvinyl, October 24, 2022, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haeggvinyl

I record 7 inch and 12 inch singles/EPs in one collection and treats a single as an album, because they do not consist of only one track. The default value for the Disc playing speed is 33, which almost always will be wrong.
I wish there would be some easier way to change the Disc playing speed for an album.
Edit Album Details makes it a bit difficult to change to 45, because it is not a natural part of the basic recording steps.
It would be easier if:
- It would be possible to set a default value in each collection file (.mcf) in the Settings dialog. For instance 45 for a singles collection and 33 for an album collection.
- It would be possible to set the disc speed in Record New Album and Create Album. The default value of 45 can then be changed here to 33 for a few singles.
The last option is the one that is most natural when it comes to recording and adding records and the one that I hope you can implement. But both options are a welcome addition to the software.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I agree, option 2 sounds better to me.  We'll look into it.

Update: We will add this (option 2, specifically) in the next Beta, due out soon.  I will post back here when that is available.

Hello again,

This is just to let anyone monitoring this thread know that this has been attended to in the latest VinylStudio Beta (V13.0.0 Beta 1).  You can get that here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

If you encounter any problems, please let us know.  All feedback welcome.