News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Ripping different versions of same album

Started by wilcoson, September 23, 2021, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilcoson

Hello,

First time poster after recently purchasing the pro version. I've yet to come across a posting or tutorial on how to make transfers of different release versions of the same album title so that you can work with the files without overwriting the existing file. I've tried adding text after recording so I can make another version. Problem is, then I can't edit the file later as it wants to change the album title back when looking up again. I can't imagine this hasn't come up before so please advise on what I'm apparently missing. Thanks! Mike :D

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The way to his would be to create the album in the usual way, looking it up from Discogs if desired.  Change the album title before completing the create process and that should 'stick'.

If you subsequently want to look up a track listing you will have to edit the album title in the Lookup Track Listing dialog before you can find anything.  However, doing that won't change the album title in VinylStudio's database.

wilcoson

Hi Paul, That's kind of the workflow I fell into after posting. It's a bit cludgy but works. I've manually appended the discogs ID to the title before completing the create process. Problem was, I didn't do that initially so I had to backfill the workflow as best as possible. Would be great if I could add the discogs ID as part of the folder naming convention but I don't think it's possible. Anyhow, thanks for the quick reply/assist.

Mike

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Mike,

We don't store the Discogs ID in the collection file unfortunately.  I will store that as a suggestion in my 'requests' folder, you never know.