News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cleanup Audio Tab - Horizontal Scrolling

Started by Steve Crook, June 28, 2021, 08:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

Is there an assigned keyboard key that'll let me move the horizontal scroll thumb to move along the recording? Did have a look through help and couldn't see anything. If there isn't one, it would be useful (to me at least).

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The left and right arrow keys should do it.

Steve Crook

Somehow I sent the post without the important bit, that I want to move a 'page' at a time. Perhaps ctrl + arrow key or something.

Sorry, that's not supported.  We will make a note of your request.

Steve Crook

FWIW I've fund a workaround using something called AutoHotkey. I started using it because I wanted to disable the capslock key before I did physical damage to my keyboard. It's been useful for all sorts of other things since...

It can send windows messages to the cleanup display to have it horizontal scroll a page at a time when ctrl + < > are pressed. Like this:

; Page right - Press Ctrl+>
^>::
ControlGetFocus, FocusedControl, A
SendMessage, 0x114, 3, 0, %FocusedControl%, A  ; 0x114 is WM_HSCROLL 3 PG_RIGHT, 2 PG_LEFT

return  ;

; Page left - Press Ctrl+<
^<::
ControlGetFocus, FocusedControl, A
SendMessage, 0x114, 2, 0, %FocusedControl%, A  ; 0x114 is WM_HSCROLL 3 PG_RIGHT, 2 PG_LEFT

Neat I thought. I still have to click on the window to ensure it's the one with focus to start, though I'm fairly sure I could write more script to sort that out too...

OK, glad you have a workaround.  I do agree with you that this should be built into VinylStudio, it's on the list (somewhere).

Hello again,

We have implemented this in the latest Beta.  Download links are here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

Steve Crook