News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

BitDefender Mortally upset...

Started by Steve Crook, November 28, 2019, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

Trying to download/install 11.07 I get this message from bitdefender:

The file C:\Users\steve\AppData\Local\Temp\VinylStudio_download\VSInstall.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.32741030 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

When I try to download from https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VSInstall_Exe.exe via chrome I get the download failing due to 'insufficient permissions'. This is after I get an 'intervention' from BitDefender telling me the world will end if I continue with the download.

From the readme, it doesn't look like there's much there that's immediately useful to me so there's no particular urgency from my POV.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

This is a false positive.  We have reported it to Bitdefender and they tell us that they have now whitelisted the file.  It might take a couple of days for updated virus definitions to filter through to you or maybe you can tell Bitdefender to update manually, I don't know how that aspect of things works.