News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Mac OS X - suggested UI enhancement: album art "drag and drop" from web page

Started by IanW, February 21, 2010, 10:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanW

Another minor usability suggestion...

It would be nice if having found an album art image on the web (Amazon, etc.) it could be "dragged and dropped" from the web browser into the Album Art tab of the Album Details editor.  Ideally VS should then name and store the image file consistently with others found automatically using the on-line look-up.

Ian

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, that should be possible on the Mac.  I know you can drag things out of Safari onto the desktop so it should be possible to drag them into VinylStudio too.  I'll look into it when I have some free time.  Thanks very much for your suggestions.  Another cool idea :)

And just to say, the reason these ideas are not being acted on more quickly is purely pressure of work.  But once the next maintenance release is out we should have a fully stable Mac version (well, as fully stable as software ever is!) and can then move on to adding new features.

IanW

Thanks Paul - and I completely understand about priorities and schedules for this kind of thing.

I think it can be done on Windows, too.  I just dragged the little picture of my cat from this web page to my desktop (using IE 7).  So fear not, Windows users, you will not be left behind.

This is just a note to say that this was implemented in VinylStudio 7.1.0 and later.