News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Version 6 Arrives: Nice Surprise

Started by betona, February 01, 2009, 02:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betona

Paul, it was a nice surprise when the software asked to update itself today (which went fine).  Thank you!  The many new enhancements in v.6 are very much appreciated--especially the ability to record both sides in one file now, the many new MP3 tuning selections and the album art coverage.  While I'm no iTunes fan, it was nice to see that the artwork flows right in and works (iTunes normally stores album art differently than inside the MP3 files).

On that last item, the only thing I'm left wishing for is the ability to add art manually while it is recording.  Kind of gives me something to do while the album is playing.  ;)

- Tom, still recording many long-forgotten albums

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Tom,

Yes, I can see that would be useful.  You can look it up from one of the online databases but you can't import it from a file until recording is complete.  We'll put it on the to-do list.

Glad you like the software - thank you for taking the time to post.

betona

One other thing on the new wishlist:
After you're recorded and you open the filter settings window, it would be nice if the Presets drop-down would jump to "Custom settings" when you turn things on there.  It opens to "no filtering", I turn on the hiss filter, get that set up and then click close--and it asks if I want to save that as my "no filtering" preset--which I don't.  I have to go back and change the drop-down to 'Custom' and then it allows me to close it without replacing the default no filtering preset.

Hi,

You can close the filter settings window without saving your filter settings as a preset - just click 'No' when presented with that message.  Then, when you reopen the filter settings dialog, the dropdown will be set to 'Custom Settings' as you desire (and your settings will still be there).

Quote from: betona on February 01, 2009, 02:51:12 AM
The only thing I'm left wishing for is the ability to add art manually while it is recording.  Kind of gives me something to do while the album is playing.  ;)

This got fixed in V6.20, or thereabouts.