News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Turntable speed

Started by Russell, December 06, 2009, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell

Hi

After using the program for a while I have discovered a feature that I think would be very useful.  You may say that I should just buy a new turntable but the whole plan is to do away with the turntable.

After recording a few LPs and looking up track times I find that track timings get progressively worse throughout the LP and I have come to the conclusion that my turntable speed is wrong by about 1 per cent.  It would be nice if the program could correct that for me - ideally I'd use a scratched record or a run out groove and the program would measure the turntable speed for me and thereafter correct it automatically.

What do you think?

Russell

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You could correct for this by using VinylStudio's speed conversion facility.  Set the record speed to 100 and the turntable speed to 99 (or vice-versa) before you record.  This works better on Vista (or Windows 7) than on XP, because of XP's low quality resampling algorithm (we should do something about this, actually).

I'm not sure about detecting turntable speed automatically.  It would have to work reliably to be of any use and I fear that it would not.

Thanks for your feedback.