News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Working on recordings outs...
Last post by emg456 - Today at 10:06:00 PM
Thanks for that Paul and the quick reply.

I was under the impression that VinylStudio made no changes to the original audio file until the final render (on saving tracks) and so the click markers and repair files would still be waiting to be applied to the copy audio file after I brought it back in to VS.

So does the "Save a Copy" function apply all changes and reset those functions back to default? I like to try to understand exactly what's going under the hood with software like this.

My turntable doesn't arrive till tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Ed
Hi,

This is probably actually easier than you think.  The workflow would be:

1.  Declick in VinylStudio

2.  Use 'Save a copy' in the Cleanup Audio window to save a copy of the file with those corrections applied (easiest way is to right-click on the file name and select that from the menu that pops up).

3.  Shut VinylStudio down (or work on a different album).

4.  Work directly on the file with those magic plugins (work on the copy, that is).

5.  Restart VinylStudio (or return to that album) and it will pick up those changes.

If anything goes wrong, you still have your original recording(s) and can start again from step 1.

HTH - Paul
General Discussion / Working on recordings outside ...
Last post by emg456 - Today at 05:16:45 PM
New user here about to start digitising my old album collection.

I'm also a musician since back in the day when we used to record on analogue tape so I have a pretty comprehensive understanding of digital audio etc.

I will probably want to modify some of the recordings- essentially re-mastering them to my own tastes. This will involve some plugins etc. that I already use which won't run inside VS. I will want the de-clicking etc. to be applied before I load the files into the external editor.

After I have finished in the external editor, I will want to re-import the file to VS for the final splitting and saving of individual tracks.

Will vinyl studio know not to re-apply its de-clicking files to the re-imported audio or do I have to do something manually to stop it doing that?
Technical Support / Re: Not saving
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - May 12, 2024, 08:38:19 PM
Sorry, my reply is a little late.

VinylStudio thinks you used to have a valid recording for side 2 but that no longer exists.  If you get rid of that (Menu -> Album -> Remove Recordings), then it should work.

I don't know why this happened though - if I record side 1 and then side 3 everything works fine.  Perhaps *you* can shed some light on that.
News / Re: News Announcements are Mov...
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - May 11, 2024, 01:17:35 AM
Hi,

Never fear, the forums aren't going away.  It's just that news is posted on Facebook now, that's all, save us doing it twice
News / Re: News Announcements are Mov...
Last post by LtMandella - May 11, 2024, 01:02:53 AM
I don't do farcebook either.  Hope you can keep the forums alive...
General Discussion / Re: Anyone else digitizing Ope...
Last post by Indy33 - May 10, 2024, 12:04:21 AM
Technical Support / Re: Not saving
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - May 09, 2024, 11:17:37 PM
OK, got them, thanks.  I'll reply tomorrow (Friday)
Lol.  Yes it will, shouldn't be long
General Discussion / Re: 14.0.4 In general
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - May 09, 2024, 11:08:33 PM
Manual just stuffs in a repair of the configured length, with no regard for how appropriate that might be.  Automatic tries to put in the narrowest repair to fix the click (to do the least damage), but it doesn't always get it right.

As ever, it's a compromise.